Easy Self-Saucing Chocolate Pudding
Easy Self-Saucing Chocolate Pudding, a guaranteed crowd pleaser every time.
- Oven Preheated to 180C
- Baking DIsh ( 1.5L )
- 1 Cup Self Raising Flour OR regular flour, add one tsp Baking powder per cup of flour used
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 80 g Butter melted and cooled Substitute using Sunflower oil at a rate of 75% the weight of the butter.
- 1/2 cup Fresh Milk Substitute using any milk you like, Almond milk made from instant powder works well
- 1 large Egg
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder ,sifted
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- Preheat oven to 180°C bake . Grease a 1.5L capacity ovenproof baking dish.
- Sift together ,Self Raising Flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in the Sugar.
- Whisk the Butter, Fresh Milk and egg in a jug.
- Slowly add to flour mixture, stirring until well combined & smooth.
- Spoon into baking dish and smooth the top.
- Combine the Sugar and cocoa and sprinkle over the pudding. .
- Slowly pour the boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover pudding
- Place dish onto a baking tray and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pudding bounces back when pressed gently in the centre.
I have tested this recipe using Sunflower Oil rather than butter and Almond milk made from Almond Milk Powder instead of Regular milk. Gluten Free Flour mix can be used instead of regular Cake Flour at a ration of 1:1 Serving Suggestion : Make two batches and serve with Ice-Cream